Fire Damage Photo Gallery

Burnt Bread Causes Kitchen Fire

Burnt Bread

This rack of bread was placed too close to an open flame causing it to catch fire. Luckily the ANSUL system was able to exhaust the flames. The business did suffer smoke damage and needed our help to clean.

Soot settles in a light fixture

The After Effects of a Fire

Soot following a smoky electrical fire settling into the light cover. This illustrates how much damage soot can do and the need for a professional restoration company.

Fire Damage

SERVPRO of Carbondale / Clarks Summit / Old Forge has the specialized fire and water damage cleanup and restoration training and experience to quickly restore your home to pre-fire condition. We also have specific training and equipment for odor removal and deep cleaning of upholstery and carpet. 

Puff Back Damage-Lake Winola

Picture of a recent puff back from a gas stove in a home on Lake Winola. SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge was called by the insurance company to clean and paint the interior of the upscale home.

Pre-Testing Process-Soot Damage.

The use of chemical dry sponges aides the mitigating process of any loss by determining what can be repaired instead of replaced. SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge partners with the insurance industry to reduce claims and make their and our customers whole. That is why we are the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre premier cleanup and restoration company.

Smoke Detector Melted-Scranton Pa

This house  fire in Scranton, PA literally caused the smoke detector to melt. Materials burn differently and wood is typically a hot and smoky fire. This home suffered extensive damage, but SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge was there to help.

Smoke Damage-Hawley Pa

The smoke damage inside this home in Hawley, Pa. was caused by a garage fire which was detached from the home. The fire spread to the home and was so hot it melted the aluminum siding of the neighbor's home. SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge was there to help.

Negative Air Aides in Removing Smoke Odor

SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge employing the use a negative air machine to duct the air out of a smoke odor room. This process literally changes the air in the room from unhealthy to healthy.

Emergency Services- Board-up and Roof Tarping

The view from the 3rd floor of a fire damaged apartment house in Scranton. SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge responded to an emergency services call for a board-up and tarp to ensure that the home is safe and secure.

Fire Extinguisher Discharge Cleanup

This is the result of using a fire extinguisher on a kitchen fire in Tunkhannock, Pa. The fire was extinguished quickly with great work from the fire dept but the extinguished media left a mess in which SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge was able to clean.

Soot Damage Forest City

The damage caused by a puff back in a home in Forest City, Pa. The oil based soot expunged from the floor registers causing extensive damaged throughout the home. SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge was called to do the cleaning.

Soot Cleaning

These pictures represent our cleaning process on a fire cleaning project in Honesdale, Pa. Swirl ceiling are especially difficult to clean, however this is why SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge is Northeastern Pa. premier specialty cleaning company.

Smoke Damage

Soot travels. This pictures shows the extent on which soot from a fire can damage walls causing health concerns. SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge was called by the insurance company to clean the smoke damage and restore the property back to a healthy condition.

Kitchen Fire at a High Rise Apartment Building

This kitchen fire on the top floor of a high rise, commercial property in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. The fire was contained and the staff did an amazing job of containment and evacuation. SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge provides emergency services helping us be the premier mitigation provider in Northeastern Pennsylvania.

Oil Based Soot-Puff Back- Hazleton, Pa

A furnish fire which sent an oil based soot throughout the air ducting system affecting the entire home. Notice the soot webs in the corner of the top floor bedroom.

Kitchen Fire-Scranton, Pa

Cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home injuries. The leading cause of fires in the kitchen is unattended cooking. It’s important to be alert to prevent cooking fires. This kitchen fire SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge was called to clean and repair in Tunkhannock, Pa. was caused by unattended cooking oil on a stove. Thank you to National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) for the following safety tips:

Hydroxyl Generator

A hydroxy generator is the latest tool in combating odors. The main benefit of using a true hydroxyl generator is that they are completely safe to use in occupied areas. Plus they look pretty cool.

Soot Damage

Cleaning soot from a school in the city of Scranton. This secondary damage was a result of a large scale tire fire a few blocks away. When appearance is important call the cleaning professionals.

Kitchen Fires Are Too Common

Kitchen fires are the most common cause of home fires and cooking is the most often the culprit. This fire in Scranton is a perfect example. Never leave cooking food unattended. 

Furnace Fire

This furnace fire in Scranton, Pa. was caused by a malfunction. October is fire prevention month and a perfect time to have your home heating system serviced by a qualified HVAC company

Christmas Fire Tragedy

Fire is always a traumatic event, but when it occurs around the holiday season it is always worse. This picture is poignant and represents how tragic fire can be. Thankfully, SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge was able to help.

Fire Rated Drywall Works.

This home had fire rated drywall which contained the fire saving thousands of dollars in damage. Fire rated drywall is more fire resistant because it contains glass fiber reinforcement and other additives within its specially formulated core to help it hold up longer to a fire exposure.

ABC Rated Fire Extinguisher

Always have a ABC rated fire extinguisher in your home. This homeowner attempted to put out this kitchen fire with a lesser rating and the results were disastrous. While the ABC rated models are more expensive they will work for a stove fire like this one.

Dryer Fire

This dryer fire occurred in Jessup, PA. Always remember to clean your lint trap after every use. In this case, quick action from the homeowner saved the home from significant damage.

Board-up Services

SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge was called to this emergency board-up of a home in the City of Scranton following a fire. Board-ups are recommended for both safety and security.

Home Fire-Moscow, PA

This fire caused substantial damage to a home in Moscow, Pa. SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge was called by the homeowner to restore the property back to preloss condition.

No Disaster is too Big

Speed is the key to any mitigation. SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge is committed to helping business owners reduce down time following a disaster. We are here helping them make it "Like it never even happened."

HVAC System Affected From a Recent Fire

Smoke and soot from a fire will travel through the HVAC duct system causing damage throughout. Notice the registers on this HVAC unit at a store front at a strip mall in Scranton. 

Soot Sponges

Our team using soot sponges to clean fire damaged building at a strip mall in Scranton. Soot sponges are used to wipe the soot from hard surfaces. A wet sponge will only cause the soot to stain.