If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (570) 235-1646

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold Damage-Scranton

7/12/2017 (Permalink)

This home in Scranton had a musty odor and a previous water issue, both are signs that mold is present in the home.

SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks-Summit/Old Forge is the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre's premier fire, water and mold cleanup, mitigation and restoration company. With the recent extreme weather, broken and frozen water pipes, mold will become an issue for many home and business owners. We are here to help. We offer indoor air quality testing and will professionally remediate the mold.

 Excessive amounts of mold and certain types of mold may present health concerns. It is essential for the health of you and your family, as well as the protection of your property, to address the issue and arrange for professionals to conduct mold removal and mold remediation as soon as the presence of mold is identified

Molds are naturally present in wood, cellulose, and paper products. When these items are exposed to moisture, molds can flourish and grow. The most important safeguard against mold growth is to remove excess moisture. Also, excessive moisture should not be allowed to remain in a building over a long period of time. To prevent mold growth, the moisture-affected area must be dried within 24 to 48 hours. Before beginning a mold remediation project, the source of moisture must be eliminated.

According to the Centers for Disease Control, about 92 million people live in places where their air quality does not meet the standards to which they should be living at (www.cdc.gov). Because mold spores are in the air around us at all times, we must have a plan to prevent them from colonizing in our homes and businesses.

Health concerns may arise when excessive mold has grown indoors. Concerns are more likely to arise when “at risk” individuals are exposed to mold. “At risk” people can include immune suppressed or compromised individuals, young children, and individuals with chronic inflammatory lung diseases such as asthma or severe allergies. Some types of mold may cause a runny nose, eye irritation, cough, congestion, and aggravation of asthma, headache or fatigue. In some situations, there may be more serious health concerns.

Preventing indoor mold growth includes things like making sure the ground slopes away from the home, keeping the home or office free from water, maintain the humidity below 60%, venting the clothes dryers to the outside and keeping areas well ventilated

Should you suspect a mold issue (visible signs, a musty odor or previous water issues), please call (570) 235-1646 for an evaluation.

Other News

View Recent Posts